Sunday, March 26, 2017

Waiting

I'm thinking about waiting tonight. Waiting for something is a strange thing. There is a lot of waiting in my life right now; I suppose there is for everyone. At the moment I'm waiting anxiously for my nephew to make his entrance into this world; he's making us all wait, now 12 days after his due date. I'm not sure why I'm so eager for him to arrive; after all, logic says he will come sooner or later. Modern medicine says he will come sooner, and he should be arriving tomorrow. This waiting has a promised end; but not all waiting does. Sometimes, the waiting stretches on and on, and we don't know if it will ever be answered. 

That is the hardest waiting of all; the unknown. I'm thankful the unknown is known to God; and God, through Christ, is known to me. Otherwise the waiting would seem unbearable; but since the unknown is known by someone I know, the unbearable becomes bearable, and I can rest in my waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment